Solar scammers are those who try to take advantage of the demand for solar systems by scamming and cheating people. Solar scammers can include individuals who try to scam people out of their money. There are even companies who are fly-by-night operators who cheat people by offering sub-standard solar panels and systems or even take the money and fail to complete the installation. While buying a solar system, it is important to be aware of scammers. This will ensure people don’t get scammed and only buy from authentic sources.
The following is information about solar scammers in Brisbane you need to be aware of:
- Scammers either call or visit homes claiming to have a special offer on solar systems. They may ask for money in advance and try to pressurize homeowners to make an immediate decision.
- Some scammers can even pose as government officials claiming that they will help the homeowner get a rebate from the government or subsidy. They ask for bank details or may ask for a fee for processing of the grant. This is a scam since the government does not send its representatives nor do they ask for money.
- Scammers can also claim to represent a solar system company. They ask for permission to advertise by placing signs and in return would offer a heavily discounted solar system. They can ask for an advance payment or deposit and if paid would never return.
- There are even cases of companies offering extended warranty for free. Many homeowners can get lured by this promise and pay a deposit amount, which they will never get back.
- There are even cases of companies installing solar systems after taking payment but delivering low quality systems with poor installation work. A CEC study revealed that nearly 30% of all installations done were substandard. This makes it all the more important to buy from reputed companies so that the solar system would be a quality product with quality installation.
The information in this article should have helped you understand the need to be alert while buying a solar system. This will help you avoid being scammed.