Brisbane is one of the sunniest cities in Australia. It enjoys nearly 283 sunny days in a year. This makes it a great city to use solar energy. You can install a solar energy plant with solar panels on your terrace. You can use the solar energy generated to power you’re home. It will help you save money on your power bills. There are many advantages of solar energy in Brisbane. This includes the following:
- Energy bills are soaring. In the years to come, prices are likely to increase. This is why using solar is the way ahead. The energy from the sun is renewable. For a sustainable future solar energy is what is needed.
- Solar energy can help power a home throughout the day. The power can be stored in a battery and used to take care of the power needs of a home for 24 hours.
- Extra power generated can be sent to the electric grid to earn money.
- The government gives subsidies to people who use solar power.
- Maintaining a solar power system is easy. Most systems are low-maintenance. The inverters usually have a ten-year warranty and you can expect trouble-free performance.
There are many advantages of solar energy in Brisbane. At the same time, there are a few disadvantages you need to be aware of:
- Approximately 80 days a year in Brisbane would be dark and cloudy. Solar energy cannot be used on those days.
- The costs of a solar power system and an inverter are substantial. This is an investment that needs to be made.
- It requires space on the terrace to install solar panels. This will take up all the space on a terrace
As can be seen, the advantages of solar energy outweigh the disadvantages. A city like Brisbane is the right place to use solar energy. It is an investment worth making and you can get returns on your investment very quickly. Get a system that is CEC approved and you can get a subsidy from the government that will help you reduce costs.